Week of September 30 - October 6

Tuesday Sep 30

Entry:
Do you know how to show the items in the checklist?
Prepare for conferences: organize work; reflect on work.

Checklist:

Procedures
__ Did I share procedures for entering the room?
__ Did I share my notebooks and writing?
__ Did I share how I login and logout to my work (wiki, google docs)
__ Did I share how I put my work away?



Writing
__ Did I share my What Else Wiki work?
__ Did I share my writing ideas, notes, and research?
__ Did I share how I wrote my letter to the president?

__ Did I share my key word strategies?
__ Did I share my lead?
__ Did I share my headline?
__ Did I share my persuasive writing strategies?

__ Did I share my reflections?

Read final publications and celebrate.

Wednesday 10/1

Parent Teacher Student Conferences

Thursday 10/2
Entry: Look through your green literature (lit) book for what sections are included.

Literature Text Scavenger Hunt:
Table of Contents, Glossary, Units, Resources, Story Questions, Special Features

Friday 10/3

Literature Text Scavenger Hunt:
Table of Contents, Glossary, Units, Resources, Story Questions, Special Features
-- look for text patterns in typography, color, and symbols.


Monday 10/6
Entry: How do text features help you read a book?

Continue Literature Text Scavenger Hunt (understanding text features) -- look for text patterns in typography, color, and symbols.

Review: types of text, sidebars, pull boxes
Continue: typography, color, symbols and icons---- find, share, discuss

No comments: